Industry data has revealed that a growing number of schools across Australia are using specialist travel providers to streamline their travel management.
Campus Travel, Australia’s only travel management company wholly focused on academic travel, has reported a 24% growth in the number of schools it has engaged as clients during the 2015 / 2016 financial year. Senior decision makers in schools are becoming more aware of the true value and benefit of working with a specialist travel management company, rather than using travel booking websites or ‘retail’ or 'holiday' travel agencies. As a specialist in academic travel Campus Travel drives this added value through:
- Dedicated travel consultants who are experienced in managing school trips and fully understand the needs of student travellers. These consultants will plan and manage each trip from start to finish and be the main ‘go-to’ person for everything in between – whether it’s meals, convenience stops being made while on the road, location maps for hotels or itinerary print-outs for the students
- More personal service, with dedicated consultants providing a single point of contact for the school and developing trusted relationships with the key school travel contacts and senior leaders
- Hard dollar value, provided through the consultants’ negotiations with travel suppliers for more competitive volume-based rates and more flexible rate conditions, negotiation of waivers and favours on items such as excess baggage, 10% discounts provided on group insurance policies, and liaison with suppliers for any last-minute booking changes
- Soft dollar value, provided through the productivity benefits of a dedicated consultant efficiently managing all aspects of the trip, including trouble shooting, liaising with suppliers for special requests, providing 24/7 assistance, and ensuring the school is fulfilling its duty of care to the travellers. This not only saves the school significant time and resources but also reduces the school’s level of risk if there is an emergency
- Return on investment, with the availability of accommodation extras' programs, quarterly travel reporting and account management support for schools with larger travel programs
- Peace of mind for the school, its travellers and their families, that all bookings have been made with reputable suppliers and that students are always in safe hands. There is also the financial backing of Campus Travel and its parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group.
To learn more about the value of working with Campus Travel, visit campustravel.com.au or contact our group travel team firstname.lastname@example.org