When planning your school trips to other countries, how well do you know the suppliers you are using for your flights, accommodation, ground transport and tours in those areas? Do they have the right level of indemnity insurance or the financial backing to minimise risk should anything go wrong?
Australia’s most experienced academic travel management group, Campus Travel, says it is important that schools partner with travel companies who do all the necessary ‘checks and balances’ to qualify their preferred suppliers and reduce the school’s risk exposure.
“Campus Travel works only with suppliers who have demonstrated their service reputation, financial stability, integrity and ethics,” said Mark Mooney National Product Leader for Campus Travel. “We have Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that enable us to build trusted supplier relationships throughout the world. These agreements set the minimum requirements. We also expect our travel suppliers to meet with us a number of times before we will engage them.”
Through the SLAs, Campus Travel considers each supplier’s:
- product, from hotel accommodation to itineraries and sightseeing tours, in terms of its appropriateness in meeting the unique needs and interests of each particular student group
- pricing competitiveness
- quality and efficiency of customer service, including turnaround times for sourcing, quoting and booking their aspects of the trip
- level of indemnity insurance
- timeliness in delivering travel documentation well prior to the departure date
- accuracy and detail of information in their documents, such as the depth of detail in tour itineraries including directions, contact details, confirmation numbers and much more
- level of ground support in each location where it could potentially be needed
- depth of knowledge and experience specifically in school group travel
- quality of local contacts with the schools, sporting and music groups, hotels and other community or cultural organisations with whom the travelling students may wish to connect with while visiting the area.
Campus Travel’s rigorous approach to selecting preferred travel suppliers gives schools peace of mind that their travellers are in safe hands every step of the journey, and minimises duty of care and financial risks to the school. It also saves the school substantial time, resources and cost in researching and liaising with overseas travel suppliers with whom they are not familiar.
For further details on school travel suppliers contact Campus Travel’s Group Travel Team on 1300 724 349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org